Hughes Guides are committed to ensuring that all personal data supplied by its customers is collected and processed fairly and lawfully and kept securely.
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we have the following policy in relation to the processing and keeping of customer details :-
- We obtain and record customer details which are communicated to us by the customer or from orders and renewal payments sent to us by the institution processing the payment to us on behalf of the customer (usually PayPal or a bank).
- We need the information to keep a record of financial transactions as we are required to do by law.
- We do not record, store or have any access to customer credit card or bank details or PayPal accounts.
- We do not share any details with any 3rd parties except where required to do so by law.
- We do not store any email addresses or personal information which relate to individuals who are not current or former customers of ours.
- We do not use or subscribe to mailing lists.
- If any customer or former customer wishes to discover what information we hold on them, if any, please contact us and we will be happy to send a copy of the record in pdf format free of charge upon verification of identity.
- Records will be retained for 6 years as we are required to do by law. Redundant customer accounts older than 6 years will be deleted from our database.
Subject to the statutory requirements placed on us to keep financial records for 6 years any customer or former customer has the following rights :-
- the right to be informed,
- the right of access,
- the right to rectification,
- the right to erasure, this may require removing access details to the eGuide,
- the right to restrict processing,
- the right to data portability,
- the right to object, and,
- the right not to be subject to automated decision making including profiling - we do not perform any such actions.
If you have a complaint regarding the use of your personal data then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction or you are unhappy with our response relating to the use of your personal data you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office on 0303 123 1113 or https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
Hughes Guides operate a paperless business